Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Albright Mansion/Absinthe House - Jim Thorpe


Albright Mansion/Absinthe House
66 Broadway
Jim Thorpe, PA


☆ ☆ ☆ 3/5 stars

We popped in for breakfast during the Fall Foliage festival and had quite an enjoyable experience. From the historical information (including supposed ghost sightings) to the era-rich decor inside, our short breakfast was delightful.

I had chocolate chip pancakes, a side of sausage and a mimosa and my partner had the full english breakfast and a bloody mary. Breakfast food is always hard to review as it is quite simple. But, as a chocolate chip pancake-lover, I am always critical of the batter and moisture of the pancakes and I was quite pleased - they absolutely tasted as though they were made from scratch and had a hint of buttermilk taste.

Both breakfasts were quite satisfying and the prices were very good. Though I can't speak to their fine dining and dinner menu, I can say that if I am in Jim Thorpe again on a weekend morning, I will absolutely pop in and grab breakfast; I recommend that you do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment